So I was dicking around WordPress when I stumbled upon this little jewel of a blog post over at You Monsters Are People (Mattposky.wordpress.com).
It basically charts how the blogger, in a used book-buying spree, came across a 1988-1989 diary containing the desperate ramblings of a social outcast who, in a succession of entries, goes on to discuss the following wide variety of topics:
- Her clear obsession over her three cats: Domino, Pouncer and Misty
- Making notes to catch favorite shows, like Alf and The Wonder Years
- Making other notes to remind herself to try beer and pray for world peace
- The visual similarity between dumplings and the anuses of cats
- Her abusive, alcoholic, druggie boyfriend Marv
- Her incarcerated brother, who deals with his imprisonment by remembering “ass play will keep me safe”
- Her affinity for cartoon-based breakfast cereals, like Mr. T and Pac Man
- Her unearthly excitement about the upcoming film She’s Having a Baby, starring Kevin Bacon
- How some guy in a bar told her that her ass looked so good, it should go in front (a phrase I’m totally going to steal)
Anyway, it’s a stellar series of posts, and a blog that is, in general, definitely worth a read. Here are a couple excerpts, but I highly suggest you visit Mattposky.wordpress.com for more wholesome goodness.
If you’re reading this … you ARE the Stevolution.